Legal Administrative Assistant / Paralegal
The Super Save Group of Companies is one of B.C.’s largest corporate groups by annual revenue. Operating in 295 cities across Canada, the Group provides a diverse offering of services ranging from retail gasoline and residential propane operations to event and construction rentals to commercial waste disposal and recycling services.
As part of its ongoing growth initiative, the Super Save Group of Companies is looking to add a motivated, confident Legal Assistant / Paralegal to its evolving in-house legal team. Reporting directly to the Corporate Counsel and VP Finance, you will be responsible for a wide variety of administrative tasks.
In this role you will prepare legal documents and correspondence, manage documents, organize files, and perform general administrative duties as required. Additionally, you will be responsible for the carriage of a portfolio of small claims files, acting as a litigation representative for the company.
The successful candidate will have training as a legal administrative assistant or paralegal as well as relevant experience working in the legal industry. Superior organizational skills, advanced computer skills, high attention to detail, and excellent communication skills are required for this position. Common duties will include:
- Setting court dates, discoveries and communicating with registries;
- Arranging court filings and applications;
- Preparing and drafting various correspondence and documents including court pleadings;
- Attending settlement conferences, gathering evidence, and occasionally making court appearances in the Small Claims Court of British Columbia;
- Liaising with external counsel in other provinces with respect to litigation matters;
- Maintaining a file management and bring forward system; and
- General administrative duties as required.
Please forward your resume and cover letter by email directly to:
Corporate Counsel, Super Save Group of Companies